If you’re like me and use your iPhone as a primary means of communication. Let’s learn How to organize your iPhone to save storage.
It can be tough to keep track of how much space you have left.
Even if you don’t download a lot of apps or take tons of photos, those little bits add up over time. So here are my best tips for freeing up storage space on your iPhone:
Delete apps you don’t need.
- Delete apps you don’t use. You probably have a few apps on your phone that you downloaded because they were free, but never opened once since then. If that’s the case, delete them! They’re taking up space and adding clutter to an already cluttered screen.
- Delete apps that are taking up space that you don’t need. This could include things like Facebook Messenger and Snapchat (unless those are the only ways for you communicate with friends). If all of your friends use WhatsApp or something similar instead of these other messaging platforms, then maybe it’s worth keeping them around–but if not, go ahead and get rid of them!
- Delete extra photos from social media sites like Instagram or Facebook when possible as well; this will help keep things organized without sacrificing much functionality at all (you’ll still be able to see these pictures whenever necessary).
Clear out old messages.
One of the best ways to make room for new photos and videos is to delete old ones. You can do this in two ways:
- Delete individual messages. When you open up a conversation, swipe left on each message until all of them are deleted (or tap Edit > Select All). Then tap Trash at the top of your screen, confirm that you want to delete those items and they’ll be gone forever!
- Use search as a shortcut. If there’s something specific that you need from an older thread but don’t want all its baggage along with it, just type what it was into Messages’ search bar (circled below). This will bring up all mentions of whatever word(s) were used without requiring any additional taps or swipes–and if there aren’t any results for what we searched for? Well then maybe we don’t need those texts anymore!
Remove unused songs or albums from Music.
- Remove unused songs or albums from Music.
- Delete old text messages and iMessages in Messages, which can take up a lot of space if you have a lot of them on your device (and if some are older than others).
- Delete any old photos that aren’t necessary in the Photo Library app, especially ones with large file sizes or high resolutions (e.g., 4K video).
Delete old voicemail messages.
You can delete individual voicemails by swiping left on them. If you want to delete all of your voicemails at once. This is one of the ways How to organize your iPhone to save storage.
Go into Settings > Phone and then tap Voicemail. You’ll see an option for “Delete All Voicemails.”
If you don’t want to get rid of a specific message but just archive it so that it takes up less space on your phone.
Tap More at the bottom left of your screen (it looks like three dots). Select Archive from here and then confirm that’s what you want to do by tapping Yes when prompted.
You can also use Siri as another way of deleting or archiving messages: Just say “Delete voicemail” or “Archive voicemail,”.
Followed by whatever message number(s) need attention; Siri will take care of business right away!
Stop automatically downloading photos and videos.
- Turn off Automatic Downloads. This is one of the easiest ways to save storage space on your iPhone. By default, iOS will automatically download any photos and videos in your iCloud Photo Library when you connect to Wi-Fi or cellular data. However, if you’re like me and don’t want every single picture saved on your device (especially if it’s an older one), then this feature can eat up a lot of space quickly! To turn off automatic downloads:
- Go into Settings > Photos & Camera > Auto Uploads and disable “Upload Photos & Videos.”
- Set Camera Quality for High-Resolution Photos Only . If you take tons of photos with your iPhone camera but don’t need them all saved in high resolution, there’s no reason why they should be taking up so much space on your phone! To change the default quality setting for new pictures: go into Settings > Photos & Camera > Take Low-Resolution Photos by Default
Take advantage of iCloud Photo Library if you have a lot of space on your iPhone that you don’t need to fill up (like 16GB).
If you have a lot of space on your iPhone that you don’t need to fill up (like 16GB), take advantage of iCloud Photo Library.
It’s a feature that lets you store all of your photos and videos in iCloud, and it provides 5GB of free storage space for any user who has an account with Apple.
If this isn’t enough, they also offer 1TB of storage for $9.99 per month. Which is more than enough for most people! Another great way How to organize your iPhone to save storage.
Follow these tips and you’ll have more free storage on your phone.
If you’re like most people, your phone is probably one of the most important things in your life.
You use it for everything from work to social media to keeping up with friends and family. This is also good way How to organize your iPhone to save storage.
But if you have an iPhone and are running out of storage space, there are some easy ways to get more room on your device.
- Check how much storage space you have left by going into Settings > General > Usage (the exact wording may vary depending on which version of iOS is installed). This will show how many gigabytes are being used by each app–and if there’s an app taking up more space than expected (like Facebook), then delete it!
- Go through each app individually and delete anything that isn’t essential (like apps for airline flights or hotels where you’ve stayed). Most apps can be reinstalled later if needed; just make sure not to delete stuff like photos or videos unless absolutely necessary! This can take some time but should free up quite a bit once finished..
We hope that this has been a helpful guide on how to organize your iPhone. I hope you found these important ways How to organize your iPhone to save storage.
If you follow all of these tips, we guarantee that you’ll have more free storage on your phone.